Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010
Analyzing and Valuing Distressed Companies, Securities and Real Estate
Tuesday, September 21st, 1:30PM-7:00PM
Consulate General of the Republic of Poland, New York City
Most hedge funds managed to come through the market tumult of the first half of 2010 with flat to slightly lower returns. For the year to date, the average hedge fund lost 1.45%, according to the latest data released by the Hennessee Group. But compared with the 7.6% decline in the Standard & Poor’s 500 index, the lackluster performance of the $1.6 trillion hedge fund industry doesn’t seem so bad. The bright spot? Investors who bet on distressed investing have fared better than most, as funds were up 4.85% in the first half, the Hennessee report shows.
Download Information Package
Wealthy investors, pension funds and university endowments have come to expect managers to make money in both good and bad markets. Golden Networking's Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010 will be the forum where managers and investors will obtain crucial insights they can act upon immediately to sustain the momentum for 2010 and beyond:
- Mr. Joel Assouline, Founding Partner, A2 Investment Group
- Mr. Matthew Baron, Principal, Simon Development Group
- Ms. Emily Chasan, Journalist, Reuters
- Mr. Ralph Deppisch, Managing Member, Luminous Ventures
- Mr. Thomas Donatelli, Managing Director, Signature Capital Partners
- Mr. Scott Eisenberg, Managing Partner, Amherst Partners LLC
- Mr. Bruce Ferguson, Managing Partner, Apex Fundamental Partners LLC
- Mr. David Hartheimer, President, Clearbid Capital
- Mr. Daniel Hilpert, Managing Partner, Mortgage Equicap, LLC
- Mr. Jonathan Kanterman, Managing Director, Stillwater Capital Partners
- Mr. Steven Kargman, President, Kargman Associates
- Mr. Jonathan Krautmann, Distressed Investing, Third Avenue Management LLC
- Mr. James McCarthy, Managing Director, Jameson Capital
- Mr. Navin Nagrani, Senior Vice President - Acquisitions, Hilco Real Estate
- Mr. Ira Perlmuter, Managing Partner, T5 Equity Partners
- Mr. Jeff Schachter, Managing Director, Helios Advisors
- Mr. Craig Schiffer, Partner, Sevara Partners
- Mr. Mike Spector, Journalist, The Wall Street Journal
- Mr. James Sprayregen, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Mr. Carl Trop, Principal, Greyfields
- Mr. Richard Zahm, Managing Director, EM Capital Global Advisors LLC
|What Attendees Say About our Leaders Forums
|"Thank you for inviting me to participate at the conference! Great event!"
Managing Partner, T5 Equity Partners
|"Thanks again for having me on the panel. I really enjoyed it and would love to do more of them in the future."
Principal, Simon Development Group
|"Really enjoyed it. Congratulations on a great conference! Thanks again."
Portfolio Manager, Fortis Investments
|"I enjoyed participating in the conference and thought it was very successful."
Managing Partner, Amherst Partners
|"I thought the panelists were excellent and it was a great program. I look forward to the next one."
Vice President, FMV Opinions