China Leaders Forum 2013
Will the Chinese Dream Become Long-term Investors’ Dream or Nightmare?
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP, 919 Third Avenue, New York, NY
October 1st, 2013, 9AM - 7PM
China’s journey in the last decades has been nothing short of extraordinary. Hundreds of millions have been lifted out of poverty while hundreds of millions more have joined the new middle class. Furthermore, a new generation of billionaires are recreating capitalism both inside and outside the mainland. China’s global influence is expanding and within a decade its economy is expected to overtake America’s.
As China’s importance in the world economy has grown, investors’ appetite in venture capital, private equity and capital and real estate markets remains is potentially growing. However, significant challenges persist. Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein has said that the Chinese government is “going to have to build up bigger equity markets inside China to create the securities that pools of capital need to have.’’
The Chinese government is committed to rebalancing the country’s economy because their capital-intensive, export-oriented approach is delivering diminishing returns and threatens to become a major political vulnerability for the government. Now there’s more than economic growth though; President Jinping is promoting the new “Chinese dream”, one that relies on the rule of law and focuses on raising living standards for hundreds of millions more who still mired in poverty.
Golden Networking's China Leaders Forum 2013, “Will the Chinese Dream Become Long-term Investors’ Dream or Nightmare?”, will examine the economic and finance challenges facing China nowadays and the long-term opportunities for global investors that will be created in the world’s upcoming largest economy:
- Ann Lee, Author, What the U.S. Can Learn from China
- Crocker Coulson, President, CCG Investor Relations
- Dan David, Co-founder and Vice President, GeoInvesting
- Edgar Perez, Author, The Speed Traders, Knightmare on Wall Street
- Harry Edelson , Managing Director, Edelson Technology Partners
- James O’Neill, Managing Partner, Jin Niu Investment Management Ltd.
- Janet Stites, Publisher, China Business Knowledge
- John Allen, Chairman & CEO, Greater China Corporation
- Jonathan Krane, CEO, Harvest Krane
- Lisa Prager, Partner, Schulte Roth & Zabel
- Minggao Shen, Managing Director, Citigroup
- Ned Cloonan, Managing Director, Liberty Square Group
- Neng Wang, Chong Khoon Lin Professor of Real Estate, Columbia Business School
- Peter Halasz, Partner, Schulte Roth & Zabel
- Reuben Guttman, Director, Grant & Eisenhofer
- Robert Vambery, Professor of International Business, Lubin School of Business
Topics that China Leaders Forum 2013 will discuss include:
- How American Interests Can Catch the Wave of Chinese Overseas Investing?
- Private Equity, Venture Capital and Capital Markets Investing in China
- Is Chinese Real Estate Headed Towards a Bubble?
- The Rule of Law and its Role in Achieving the Chinese Dream
RSVP TODAY China Leaders Forum 2013
Download Information Package
|What Attendees Say About our Leaders Forums
|"Thank you for inviting me to participate at the conference! Great event!"
Managing Partner, T5 Equity Partners
|"Thanks again for having me on the panel. I really enjoyed it and would love to do more of them in the future."
Principal, Simon Development Group
|"Really enjoyed it. Congratulations on a great conference! Thanks again."
Portfolio Manager, Fortis Investments
|"I enjoyed participating in the conference and thought it was very successful."
Managing Partner, Amherst Partners
|"I thought the panelists were excellent and it was a great program. I look forward to the next one."
Vice President, FMV Opinions